Monday, February 22, 2010

The Right Now and Beyond

I am making no promises this time. In the past, I have failed to be consistent with this blog, so I am taking it day by day. (Month by month?)

Currently, I am listening to "That Ain't No Way To Go" by Brooks and Dunn. In one part, they sing about making a whisky wish on a star. THAT is why I love country. I know most of my blogs revolve around the topic of country music, so I will try to kepp this breif. More and more, I find myself really visualizing myself in Nashville. I do have a back up plan, but I think if I want it badly enough, I will make it. The funny thing is, when I tell people I want to work in Nashville, they all assume I am going to sing. LIES. I would like to sing, yes, but it is not a realistic possibility. I am not exactly sure what I am going to do there, but it will be something lucrative (if you have any suggestions, hit me up.)

So much has happened since I last blogged, it is difficult to know where to begin! The bagel shop has been lovely-the perfect escape from all the chaos going on at school. I am deep into my true crime novel "If You Really Loved Me" by Ann Rule. I'm waiting for the jury to come back with the verdict. Also, my reality tv obsession has reached new heights, though I thought that would be impossible.

As for self-improvement, it is much like this blog-very sporadic. Today I went on a run, and while I'd like to say I will go on one tomorrow, I simply can't. I have been trying to sit up straighter, changing my sheets once a week, and flossing more than normal, but I still don't carry a purse, straightened hair is a rarity, and my teeth are nowhere near as white as they should be.

School is stressing me out, but I got so sick of myself procrastinating that I have actually taken a very small step in the right direction. When it comes to attitude, that is, we'll see if I actually follow through with my plan. This week, I will try and get three papers done, and a project. While these papers are not due until next week, I feel it is important to keep next week clear as that will be the time I am studying for midterms. No one said school was fun though. As T.J., my father would say, "you just gotta put your head down and push through it." He played football in college though, and I get the feeling a lot of (what he thinks are) his inspiring sayings came from those practices.

Soon, Spring break will be upon us, and yours truly will be making the trek to Whittier, California to visit Hannah Cooley and to help celebrate her 20th birthday. After two nights there, I will be headed to Palm Springs with Meredith and Judi Hickman for a little fun in the sun. AFTER THAT, I will be back in the Promised Land (if you don't know what I am talking about, GO TO HELL) enjoying the local DQ, Safeway, City Center 12, and more importantly, the fam. I think Charsy and I will try and find the time to squeeze in a trip to Seaside, and Tom, no doubt, will take me up to the lake to show me the progress that has been made. So much to look forward to! I can hardly wait. I am already saving up my quarters for fascination. Hopefully Tesky won't be opposed to mingling with the townies for a while.

I need to clean. Hot chocolate crust is clinging to the edge of both of my mugs. Ick. Nast.

This post was all over the place, so in keeping with the slap-dashedness of this post, I will leave you with one final, random, thought. Creative writing teachers in Italy will hate me, because all I know how to use is the verb "to be" or "essere" No action verbs for this gal!

Best,
Martha

6 comments:

Jamil said...

I feel like a bit of a fool. I was smiling at my computer for the entirety of this blog entry. Keep 'em comin', Ital gal!

Grassyllama said...

Ick Nast....Hot Choc crusted mugs defined my dorm life too.

Love to see you're back at the blog...don't worry about being consistent. We'll take what we can get!

LOVE YOU!

Abby said...

Um, Ann Rule and Brooks & Dunn??? Are we the same person?

Anonymous said...

http://showitv-mika.blogspot.com/

visio2010sale said...

The Visio Viewer 2010 allows anyone to viewMicrosoft visio 2010 drawings and diagrams in their Microsoft Internet Explorer version 5.0 or later Web browser.Regardless of the recipient's computer is installed with Visio, and Microsoft visio 2010 download users can freely distribute drawings and diagrams distributed to team members, partners, customers or others. In addition, Internet Explorer also allows for printing, but this is limited to the currently displayed portion of the drawing.

lunettesdesoleilparis said...

lunettes de soleil femmes Lunettes de soleil, l'affranchissement des Grands rapide et le service

ray ban lunette de soleil De communication et de service lunettes de soleil pas cher. Merci. Hautement recommande a toute personne.