Thursday, February 12, 2009

Stuchis, Stushis, or Tsuchies

However they're spelled, they're GREAT! I rediscovered this lost art of stushi drawing while in my philosophy class today. My notebook is now covered. I love starting out with six boring, straight, lines, then with the swish of a few pencil strokes, then coming out with a really cool looking stushi! I credit the Shearers with teaching me how to draw them. I also credit the Shearers with teaching me to draw at all (which I really can't, but they tried their best.) That reminds me of one of my earliest memories from childhood. Spencer and I were sitting on the floor in their living room, and Jake and Conor were drawing cartoons. They wanted Spencer and me to join in, and I said something along the line of "I can't do it" (great self-esteem, right?) and Jake said, "they're just cartoons, anyone can draw cartoons." Unfortunately, I proved him wrong, but I still appreciated the vote of confidence.

Clare stopped by the old CM today to drop off a delicious piece of red velvet cake for V-day. How sweet! I had a few bites and it was delicious. I washed it down with some flat San Pellegrino.

Things I have been up to lately: Watching Gilmore Girls-SO GOOD! I always thought it was annoying, but once I started watching religiously, I find that I love the quick, witty, dialogue. Also, Meredith, Jamil and I have been in a facebook video war with Rachael Baney and Ray Ray Frank, and their friend Carissa. We are filming our comeback vid today. Wish us luck!

Ta,
Martha

No comments: