Thursday, April 30, 2009

Cliff Bars and Figgy Newtons

First off: Why am I calling them figgy newtons? Someone I know calls them that, the question is, who? Anyway, the two items listed in my title are my new favorite snacks. Not all that unhealthy and totally satisfying!

Let me describe to you my surroundings. I have the hockey game on the tv in the background, simply because I couldn't bear the Blazer game. My left foot, as always, is propped up on Megan's blue stool. My arm is resting on an OK! Magazine and Chick Corea's album "Return to Forever." But most importantly, on my hand is the faint remnants of a stamp that reads "TACO BAR." It is somewhat degrading to have people know that you attended Azteca's five dollar all you can eat Taco Bar. This is MY LIFE!!! How pathetic! I am truly looking forward to going home and living in humane conditions. I will miss everyone, blah, blah. blah, but I am ready to get out of here!

Lately, I have been feeling mediocre. This, obviously, is not a feeling I am used to having, so I became inspired. I want to get really good at something-say, an instrument perhaps-and I want to master it, I want to make people jealous with my prodigious skill. Any recommendations for what it should be?

Best,
Martha

2 comments:

Jamil said...

Cliff Bars! Perhaps my inquiry in Cherry Blossom inspired this new obsession? I'm probably giving myself too much credit. What's new?

And I have to say I was embarrassed to look down and see the stamp on my hand as well! I immediately went to go scrub it off.

As far as recommendations go, I got nothing.

kate said...

oh my gosh i love fig newtons! they're the best.
i as well am excited for you to come home. i've decided to have a musical month, and every couple days or so i watch a musical. ellen cathy and emma are going to participate. AND YOU of course. musicals such as newsies, grease, rent, sound of music, anyhoo i don't have any ideas for your new skill but i will be thinking.

peace!