Tuesday, November 11, 2008

City Sidewalks, Busy Sidewalks...

Christmas is in the air! Starbuck's holiday cups have made their debut, a faux, mini christmas tree sits on top of our tv, and the walls are adorned with strings of twinkly lights. Mmmm. Smell that pomander ball? I do, it's hanging from my window. During the summer months, I have this mindset of NEVER wanting them to end, but like all good things, they come to pass. Up until Halloween, I trudge along through life with little to no purpose. BUT THEN! The air starts to smell good (not good like summer good, but still good enough to get me excited for the holidays), Christmas decorations are up in Macy's, red and green m and m's are on sale at safeway, along with Mother's Animal Circus cookies christmas edition (RIP), and most importantly, holiday music is played nonstop on k103! Now, I know since I am in Spokane, k103 is no longer available to me, so Megan and I have supplemented that with our i-tunes. Amy Grant, James Taylor, Rescue, and Rosie's Christmas) Those are just a few of the sounds you'll hear if you drop in. Megan is the one I should be thanking. She went out and got many of the decorations, including lights, the christmas tree, and a GIANT holiday mug and filled it with m and m's. I went to the store and bought candy canes for a dollar. One thing I will miss this christmas: The brunch at the Portland Golf Club. Royal Oaks does not hold a candle to you.

Happy Holidays all,
Martha

P.s. to anyone who thinks my holiday spirit is preemptive: SCREW YOU!
p.p.s. anyone who lives in Spokane or did at one time (yes Joe, this means Rose-ask her) is there a station that plays nonstop xmas music a la K103?

5 comments:

Jamil said...

Hahaha. I loved the part about the pomander ball. Made me smile at my laptop in Religion and suppress a laugh. Thoroughly enjoyed the blog as always! :)

ellen said...

k103 is NOT playing music nonstop. BOO. only on the weekends and maybe occasionally interspersed in between john mayer and switchfoot. sad, but that is the cold hard anit-christmas truth. and i know you will miss the portland golf club brunch as i will, but when was the last time we went? haha. we have been missing it for quite a few years now.

Anonymous said...

umm yes there is a station here... i am not 100% sure what it is but trust me there is one. As far as your Christmas spirit goes, I would HIGHLY suggest decorating your door not as a present like everyone else but instead something cool, like a snow man or Christmas tree...

Anonymous said...

Martha! i'm commenting for the first time! finally i know. usually i'm against christmas spirit before thanksgiving but i can't help it! i am so excited. unfortunately i don't get to listen to music in the morning. talking on 105.1 is poopy. miss you!!!

Grassyllama said...

CLARE HAS COMMENTING CAPABILITIES AND I DIDNT KNOW IT?!