Tuesday, July 29, 2008

To My Faithful Reader...

Or should I say readers? I found out today when visiting Kate Jones, business women extraordinaire, that she is an avid (exaggeration) reader of this here blog. Along with my sister Clare. So that makes two people! Success is a slow process, but I envision myself with at least a million hits a day by the time I am 20. One must work their way to the top. I take to the blogosphere today to cry out in fury/indignation at a conversation (altercation some may say) that took place at the Vancouver Barnes and Noble between my bff (and lazy co-writer of weareemar) and an anime backpack toting geek. Elaura was innocently standing at the info kiosk chatting with an employee and with one ear on her convo and the other on the exchange between said anime freak and another employee. Elaura claims she was only listening because the freak/geek mentioned the Twilight series, which happen to be some of our favorite books. Elaura was listening calmly to both parties when she heard the geek say something that made her blood boil.
"I think the Twilight series is bigger than Harry Potter"
Elaura's head snapped up and she whirled around, drawing herself up to her full height. "NO ITS NOT" she bellowed furiously at the ignorant fool.

I am very pleased with Elaura's reaction, but I must say that if I had been there, I would have bitch-slapped the girl (excuse my language Kate) HOW DARE SHE! There is NO way any book series will ever be a bigger phenomenon than HP. It is a fact. HP is and forever will be the reigning king of of my heart, and many others.
That being said, you can bet that I will be at B and N, camped out, eagerly awaiting the arrival of Breaking Dawn. I certainly do not want to make it a competition between the two series, seeing as how they are different as night and day, or some may say, vampires and wizards, but when the dumb anime nerd opened her mouth, I was left with no choice.

That's all. Actually, it's not. The Jonas Brothers just released their new single "Tonight" and it rocks!

Irately yours,
Martha

2 comments:

EMAR said...

wow! you guys are great! weareemar rox my sox

AJK said...

I am reading breaking dawn now . . . ODD AND A HALF