Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Well Groomed

The past few days, I have been vacationing with the family in Black Butte. I have had a swell time going to the local supermarket, spying on a deer and her baby fawn right outside our window, and opening a can of whoop-ass on Wayne Nelson and Clare while playing cranium. All that aside, I have decided to focus on grooming. Personal hygiene is so important and can sometimes be easily overlooked. Not by me of course, but by others. There is nothing as rancid as the smell of stale b.o., wafting through one's nostrils. Now don't worry, I don't have a case of bad b.o. (usually) and I shower daily (except for when I am at camp.) However, although my hygiene is top notch, my personal grooming leaves something to be desired. I tend to wear sweats or athletic shorts everyday (depending on the season) and a t-shirt or sweatshirt. My hair is stuffed into a rubber band each day, causing me grief from my hairdresser because of all the broken hair and split ends this 'do leaves behind. So to fix this problem, I have added grooming to my personal list of self improvement musts. To improve my grooming, I will force myself to floss daily to keep my pearly whites in tact. I will wear shorts (of the khaki or nice jean variety.) I will limit myself to wearing two t-shirts a week-the rest will be nice tops from Nordstoms or someplace similar. I will cross my legs at the ankle and let my folded hands rest gently in my lap. I will not chew gum in public, but will always accept a mint when offered. I will wait to eat at restaurants until everyone at the table has been served. I will try to incorporate pearls into my daily wardrobe. I will not be cheap. I will blow dry and straighten my hair each day. I will keep my nails clean and trimmed. I will exfoliate. I will use proper manners at the table. I will not perform bodily functions in public. I will be kind and polite to those around me. Finally, I will take up golf. Golf is a preppy and proper sport that forces one to dress nicely and socialize. So there you have it! I will be a challenge, but I have complete faith in myself. I should have added no swearing, but realistically, that is simply not in the cards for me.

On a lighter note, The movie Penelope comes out today and in it is an exclusive, first look at a premier scene from Twilight, along with behind the scenes footage. I can't wait to feast my eyes on some delicious Robert Pattinson!

Best wishes to all who read this.

Sincerely,
Martha

also makeup! I will put that on everyday. Not a lot though. I want to look natural.

No comments: