Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Penny for Your Thoughts...

The title of this blog has nothing to do with the post, I have just always liked that phrase. And ellipses. I LOVE ellipses. Sue me! The dorm room is a twinge better than before, thanks only to the lights and decorations Megan's mom sent. As Margaret said to me, "Isn't it weird to think that you are LIVING in here? That you are living in a box!?!" The more I thought about it, the more I realized that it IS odd. To think that I am living in a room the size of a cell at Reikers is truly bizarre. But it also made me think how humans can adapt to pretty much anything. Who would have thought that I could survive in a dorm room? However, then I got to thinking that maybe we are too influenced by society. After all, it is society that tells us we should go to college, and with college comes dorm rooms. It is expected, which somehow makes it ok. I guess the real question is: IS IT HUMANE? My thoughts? No. It is not. But it is nice to know that if forced to live in a cubicle, I am fully capable. Thank God I have a good roommate.

PF Changs with G. Schmitt tonight! God bless those business trips! Hope you all are having a good day-mine has been mediocre so far-lots of french homework, bad hot chocolate, etc.

MARTHA

PS, I think Tori may be coming to Spokane. Wahoooo!

No comments: