Thursday, September 11, 2008

Back To Basics

College. So funny that I am in it. I remember starting this blog before college was so much as a blip on my radar. Now I am in the thick of it. Cafeteria food, open doors, easy mac, monogrammed towels, the whole nine yards. When I look back, I remember the basis of this blog. My summer of self-improvement. Between you and me, it did not happen. The most I did was use crest white strips. And that only happened twice. So I'd say it was a big fat failure. But not to worry! I am back on track. I received a purse for my birthday, I am flossing daily, I refrain from chewing gum in public, I wore a cute sweater over the weekend, etc. I still have miles to go, but I sense a revolution approaching. A marthalution. Here are my goals for each day. Straighten, or at the very least blow dry my hair (lofty goal,)  put on a touch of makeup, go out of my way to do something nice for a person, make my bed as soon as I get up, work out for at least thirty minutes (this only has to take place 5 times a week) do all my homework before nine pm, try to eliminate foods without any nutritional value (warning: do NOT allow self to argue that because Butterfingers have water in the ingredients list that they are conducive to health,) moisturize daily, keep the cubical clean, try and arrange features into pleasant look in class, so as not to seem completely disinterested in what the teacher is saying, and finally, don't sweat the small stuff. OH! And keep in touch with friends.

I feel that if I follow that list, the self-improvement snowball will start rolling and soon, there'll be no stopping me!

I sometimes like to play the game "If I could be anywhere in the world right now, where would I be?" My answer? either Nashville, TN or at the lake at about 5 pm, sitting on the dock with a root beer in hand and appetizers on the table, talking to relatives and playing with Bryson and Cam.

Thats all,
Martha

1 comment:

AJK said...

The lake at 5pm sounds lovely . . . good luck with the improvements!