Wednesday, September 17, 2008

MATTHEW mark luke and john

I certainly hope this blog never reaches more than ten people. Well, just so long as it never reaches the subject of this post. Each monday, wednesday, and friday morning, I go to my New Testament class and enjoy the view. And by view, do I mean the ancient chalk board? The raggedy, stained carpet? The crucifix hanging above the doorway? HELL NO! By view I mean the hot piece of boy that sits kitty-corner from me. He is all celery green eyes, deeply tanned skin, and brown-hair. And it makes my morning. I have been racking my brain for conversation starters that wont make me look like a fool-unfortunately, I haven't been able to get anything better than what I thought of this morning. I was staring intently at a mysterious scar on his leg (the things I would do to find out how it got there...) when I was distracted by his foot moving. He slid his foot out of his well-worn Rainbow flip flops, picked it up, and examined how the part between the toes was beginning to rip. In my mind, I desperately wanted to say "Don't worry about it! I hear those have a lifetime warranty!" Too bad for me, I didn't have the cojones. Oh well. Next time. But most likely not. For now, I'll just have to settle for the husky "thank you" he gives me when I pass him the attendance sheet. Which brings me to my next irritant. EVERY SINGLE DAY I see people trying to pass the attendance sheet forward, but the recipient never sees it. So the person sits there, hand shaking from the effort of it all, embarrassed, waiting for the person to answer their mental pleas and TURN THE HELL AROUND AND TAKE THE PAPER FROM THEM! Maybe it's because I am not a considerate person, or maybe it was even the all girls school brashness in me, but if someone is not realizing that I am trying to pass them a paper, I just take the corner of the sheet and poke them in the back. Is this bad etiquette? I never thought so until college, where people are so exceedingly polite to each other. Anyway, thats it for now.
A few side notes, some sad, some happy-congrats to Margaret for her new macbook. And as for the sad stuff, I'd just like to say RIP to Aunt Jerry and Kit-Kat.

-Martha

ps, if you'd like a hint as to what Crush's name is, take a look at the title of this post! Clever, no? I was quite pleased with my creativity.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

and here I thought you had found Jesus.