Sunday, September 7, 2008

I was driving to Walgreens today with the Cach twins, when Michelle piped up from the backseat, "Isn't it weird that we are not going to school tomorrow?" I was confused. Tomorrow is monday. "What do you mean?" I inquired. "We just have classes, were not going to a day of school." I have been thinking a lot about that and agree that it is odd. All I do is complain, complain, complain about how much homework I have and what not, but compared to being in high school for 7 hours straight, three hours and twenty minutes of classes looks pretty damn good. 
I currently am eating ritz with pb. mmm. Megan (my roommate) and I just got the surprise of our lives. We have been without tv from the day we arrived here because our cable cord is maybe 4 inches. That does us no good. However, our friendly neighbor Shea told us we could use her cable because she does not have a tv. We dug around through the mess of cords, and realized that it was attached to the wall. I came back into my room and was going to see how long of an extension cable I would need to buy when I accidentally tugged the cord. I felt the slack of the cord in my hands and for a brief moment feared I had pulled it out of the wall. Once I realized it was fine, I kept tugging and was amazed to see almost 2 whole feet of cable slithering out of the wall. It was like one of those magic tricks (illusions Michael, tricks are what whores do for money) where the magician pulls the scarf out of his throat and it just keeps going. Unfortunately, it is still not long enough to reach our tv. But thats what the pimped out room with a tivo and flat screen, located right across the hall from us, is for. Plus they always offer me delicious snacks.

ok, I have to do homework. My birthday weekend has been time-consuming.
Procrastinatingly yours,
Martha

1 comment:

Erin T said...

Oh, Martha. Now you have another devoted reader. You write so funny--makes me miss the real Martha! And, oh, it doesn't sound like they have improved the COG one bit since I was at Gonzaga 10 (yes, 10!) years ago. In fact, that tater tot casserole they served you guys for lunch today has been in the back of your freezer since I graduated!