Monday, September 8, 2008

Now Every Time I Pass a Wheatfield

In an earlier post, I mentioned how I have been listening to a great deal of country. That is still true, however, it has been narrowed down to one artist. GARTH BROOKS! I also realize i am about ten years too late, but I don't care. In the past, when I would hear one of his songs, I always thought "oh yeah, I like this song." However, it wasn't until a few days ago that I had the chance to listen to about 20 of his songs in a row, and all I could think about was how GOOD each and every song was. Again, I know many others have had this same revelation ten years ago (hence the reason he is so famous?) but still. I can't get enough! I eat it all up! The melodies! The lyrics! The voice! He is- dare I say it? The greatest male country artist of all time. It is pretty rare that I am ever this excited about something, but i guess Garth just brings it out of me. I am already planning my trip to the downtown Barnes and Noble to buy his and Trisha's cookbook. Alright I am off to de-loft my bed with the help of Michelle (she wanted a shout out) and Megan, my roommate who doesn't yet get annoyed with me. I'd also like to thank everyone for the birthday cards, gifts, and wishes. Especially the thoughtful Borders gift cards from the twins.

-Martha

1 comment:

AJK said...

I love how he left his wife for Trisha . . . . you know, I saw them when they toured together . . . both still married at the time- SCANDAL