Thursday, October 23, 2008

BOWling

I am at a bowling ally right now and it is surprisingly not smokey. Must be WA state's new laws. Today, I was sitting in my dorm room and opened my window. The frigid air hit my face and for some reason, a feeling of euphoria washed over me. It must have been the combination of fresh H20 and the heat blowing from the vent on my ankles. I was hot and cold whiiiiiich TRANSITIONS ME TO MY NEXT TOPIC! Madge and I are currently in the process of choreographing a dance to newcomer Katy Perry's new hit single, "Hot and Cold." It definitely needs work, but it is coming along quite nicely. I lied earlier, i am not actually bowling, I am watching my Clare and Madge and other college seniors bowl, while I "study for my midterm" Ha.

This week in my history class we are discussing the expansion west, manifest destiny etc. I naturally became very excited-after all, I have west coast fever. I LOVE IT! However, I was royally ticked with today's lecture. Why you ask? Well let me answer your question with a question. When you think lousianna purchase, salt works, Seaside OR, explorers, ones responsible for the wonderful west coast, who do you think of? If you said Louis and Clark, then you guessed right! But wait! In my COLLEGE LEVEL HISTORY CLASS, there was nary a mention of our favorite ground-breaking, life changing, cultural landscaping, duo. I almost screamed in outrage. The nerve of that professor.

I am so mad I can't type any longer.

-Martha

2 comments:

Amy said...

It's L-E-W-I-S and Clark. How are you going to preach if you cant even spell it gurl? C'mon.

Loves! :)

AJK said...

I love that bowling allies are no longer smoky.