Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My Future Career

I have been really thinking about my future lately and I go back and forth between working at some kind of publishing firm, a drug and rehabilitation center, or working in the field of country music. Last night I logged into CMT.com to cast my vote for the cma's, and it hit me. This is what I am meant to do. Country music is my calling, whether it is being a publicist for a country artist, a personal assistant (Margaret said I'd be good at that) or a producer, or even a video jockey for the top twenty countdown, country music is my passion! Although I am often tempted by the thought of counseling people back to health at places with names such as "Serenity Ranch" or pouring over manuscripts, determining if a comma really belongs in that particular spot, it is country that has stolen my heart. Now that leads me to a new dilema though: HOW DO I GET THERE? WHAT STEPS MUST I TAKE IN ORDER TO HAVE THIS CAREER??? Enough with the caps, but seriously, I am at a loss. Any ideas or suggestions?

Also, on a lighter (literally!) note, I am a blond now. I welcome any dumb blond jokes or prejudices that come with the territory of having beautiful, golden hair.

Keep your eyes open for my next investigative blog piece!
-Martha

4 comments:

Grassyllama said...

move to nashville. ya gotta.

AJK said...

post a pic of your blond hair!

Nancy said...

Maybe you could start something like this. Look at her bio.

http://www.wildfirepublicity.net/overview.html

Nancy said...

Or this gal. Degree in journalism, then moved to Nashville.

http://www.frontpagepublicity.com/kabio.html